Thursday, March 4, 2010

Week 8 - I want a perfect body and I want it now!

This is the sentiment a lot of my friends have been experiencing, myself included. You put in all of this hard work - you look in the mirror - and it seems like there's nothing to show for it. Patience has never been my strong point, but I am getting better. I think the key thing to remember is - it's kind of like how people who see you every day, are not going to notice if you lose 3 pounds, 5 pounds... they see you every day. They don't realize you're a little bit smaller than you were 2 weeks ago. Well - you see you every day too. All day. And naked. You aren't necessarily gonna realize your changes by looking in the mirror everyday. You have to give it some time. Compare a photo of yourself now to one from a couple months ago. What I HAVE definitely noticed in the mirror is the shrinking of my muffin top - and that's a big deal. That is one of my toughest areas and I can absolutely tell it's getting smaller. I don't have quite as huge a bulge overtop of my pants as I used to. And it's not quite such a strategic maneuver to get my shirt to sit in just such a way - so there isn't a huge bulge. Much less belt and shirt maneuvering lately - so that's huge. I'm still in an epic battle with my thighs and I can tell they'll be the last to go. It's already bad enough that they are one entire pant size larger (proportionally) than my waist, they also just don't wanna seem to slim down. As soon as I can lose an inch there - it starts creepin back up. I haven't quite figured out how to lose the inches there and keep 'em off, but I'm certainly working on it.

So I'm coming into the home stretch of P90X. I'm done phases 1 and 2 and phase 3 starts on Saturday. It's 5 weeks long. I'm feeling pretty good about where I am at the moment - I have some steady weight loss and I'm hoping that continues. I'm going to be on a really strict eating regimen for the last phase, which I'll post on my actual blog (which also updates here) in hopes that will really kick my body into high fat-burning mode. Stay tuned - the best is yet to come :)

No comments:

Post a Comment