Monday, May 17, 2010

Insanity: Week 5 "Sometimes I wonder why I do the things I do....

because I wanna look good!"

So, week 5 is a cardio recovery week. Still intense movement, but not cardio craziness. Basically the kind of stuff where your muscles are burning and pleading with you to stop whatever you're doing. I definitely prefer the cardio where I'm moving too much to think of how much it hurts.

I was really surprised to hear how many people over the past week have called me "dedicated". I tend to forget that working out and eating right are not goals for everyone and are certainly not part of everyone's daily lives. It's been second nature to me for so long, that it's as normal as waking up to go to work. No one calls me dedicated for earning a paycheck. I don't consider this much different.

I guess what I keep forgetting is that there are people who say they're gonna start working out and eating right, but either don't, or they do for a little while and quit when it gets hard. That's not even considered an option for me. I would never stop (of my own accord anyway) the lifestyle I lead. I like working out and eating clean and how it makes me feel, as well as how it makes me look. I know what I want my body to look like eventually, so stopping before I reach that goal has never once crossed my mind. Sure, I get fed up some times. I get annoyed, tired, rebellious. I might take a week off from working out. I might completely forget about my clean foods list and eat whatever the eff I want, as I did this past weekend. I'm not perfect - I mess up sometimes too. I just keep going. I don't quit when it's super hard or extremely frustrating. Because the alternative to continuing means that I'll never reach my goal. And I don't want that.

Most people tell me they don't think I have anything to lose. I struggle with that, because I wonder what they see that I don't. I still see a big roll of fat around my muffin top area that shouldn't exist - don't they see it too? It's kind of like when you see a really horrible singer on youtube and read the comments where people tell them how wonderful their voice is. Your like "omg, people actually think this train wreck is enjoyable." That's kind of what it feels like when people tell me I don't need to lose weight - I think "obviously, they have lost their damn mind." A lot of people have said things like "well, everyone has that little bit of fat. It's biological for some people, you'll just always have that." I think there's a lot of people who believe that way. "Oh, all the women in my family have fat arms - it's biological." Well, I'll tell you now and I'll tell you again - that's crap. It's absolute crap. Perhaps your family history makes it harder for you to lose weight in certain places, but there's no way in hell that you biologically can't burn fat. Unless you have medical issues, you're not "biologically" stuck with anything but your bone structure. And not "everyone" has a little bit of fat. Athletes and famous people are NO different than you and me, with the exception that they work harder on how they look. That's it. They're still human, and bad foods would make them fat the same as for the rest of us. The difference is - they have the dedication to look the way they do. It may take me a little longer than some, but I have that dedication too.


If you struggle with motivation or starting and stopping getting your healthy lifestyle on track, PLEASE contact me and let me help. If I can do it, so can you! We're not so different, you and I :)

xoxo,
Sweet Charity

www.sweetcme.com

No comments:

Post a Comment