Thursday, January 14, 2010

Week 1 Back On The Workout Wagon: I Sincerely Don't Want To Do This

So, after several false starts - I've finally managed to get through a full week (well almost - full week tomorrow) of my 2nd round of P90X. I realize now how much easier it is to do this when you just stick with a routine. When I had my workout & diet routine going - it was a lot easier to stick with it and not cheat. Going off of it and trying to get back on - not so easy. So for this first week, I eased my way back into it. It's always so tempting to go full throttle right away. "I'm gonna have a perfect diet! I'm gonna work out every day, twice! I'm not gonna cheat ever!" These are all great goals, but going straight into all of this at once can be overwhelming. I thought since I had done all of these things before, I should be able to fall right back into it. Wrong. It's almost as though I'm starting from scratch. So, while I am mostly back to my diet of eating from the top two tiers of Michi's ladder - I did allow myself a few cheats this week. My main goal for this week was - do a workout everyday. Every other day - I was fine, but those days in between... I laid in my bed or huddled on the couch, freezing and complaining to myself: I sincerely do not want to work out right now. However - the goal this week was a workout a day, so I would just somehow convince myself to get up. What worked the best for this week was the thought that once I started working out, I wouldn't be freezing anymore.

I also bought a new pair of jeans that are too small. For as long as I can remember, I've had clothes lying around that I purchased becaused I liked them - but they didn't have my size, or I figured I'd be able to squeeze into them eventually. Well, as of Novermber - I fit into all of those clothes. I think that's part of why I lost some motivation. Now, with a shiny new pair of Lucky Brand Jeans hanging in my closet just staring me down everyday - it's a little bit easier to get up and do cardio, or resist that piece of chocolate cake.

Each week, I'll set a new goal and carry over all of the goals from the previous weeks. I think next week's goal will be having all of my meals prepared the night before work - so I don't have to worry about buying breakfast or lunch. I am not a morning person in the slightest, so I really have to have breakfast and lunch ready to go the night before. Because given the choice between more sleep and fixing breakfast - I will always choose sleep.

It still feels unfair that I've come so far and yet still have so far to go. Especially when some people are just born thin. I mean wtf is that? That's the way it goes, I guess :-/

No comments:

Post a Comment