Thursday, January 28, 2010

Week 3 - I thought I was tired of Tony Horton, but Debbie Siebers is an evil mastermind

So I'm definitely starting to feel like all this working out might start working for me again. I've added in an additional cardio workout on some days along with doing P90X lean. It's another program called Slim in 6. For some reason, I always think that the Si6 workout won't be as hard as the X one. Perhaps because the X is so heavily emphasized as one of the hardest workouts, it seems like anything else would be a cake walk. And Debbie Siebers with her cute little body and big, welcoming smile and moves that look pretty easy - well, she can't be that bad, right? I don't know how I always manage to forget just how much cardio those workouts are. They LOOK easy. It doesn't seem that my heart-rate should be as high for the moves that seem so simple, but in reality - she's kicking my ass. And my sides. And my abs. As is evident from the body soreness that follows in the days after. I like the soreness - because it means I actually worked hard, but in the moment - I kind of want to punch her in her smiling face.

My diet is gradually getting better and better. I've had my meals prepared ahead of time all week long. There's just a couple more things that I need to filter out, which will happen as I run out of supply of them. My struggle this week (and always) is looking at other people's results and being insanely jealous. Why can't I be where they are right now? Well, it takes time. It sucks, but that's just the way it is. People with rockin' bodies didn't get them in 4 weeks. You have to get there by several months and maybe years of commitment to a goal and focus on getting it. I didn't go from eating fatty and fast foods often to eating high fiber, low calorie stuff in one day. I used to be able to down a 20-piece chicken Mcnugget and a large fry in one sitting, no joke. Now - a six piece and medium fry would be plenty. It took steps to get to this point. So I'm still taking the steps it will take to get me to the next level in my fitness. So you can't beat yourself up if you missed a workout, or if you allowed yourself that hamburger. My diet is not going to be 100% perfect as of tomorrow - but it's definitely something I can keep working on as I push toward my goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment