Monday, September 20, 2010

Ready, Set, Perfect!

It seems to me that a lot of people seem to be afraid of getting fit. They feel like since they don't know all the particulars, all the best rules and regimens - there's no point in even getting started. Sometimes, it's legitimate but sometimes - let's face it, it's just an excuse.

We live in a society where we feel pressured to get things done, get them right and to do so RIGHT NOW! If it's not perfect, then it's not worth even trying.

But that's crap.

You don't need to know much to get fit. Start with eating less and moving more. There. That's it. That's all you need to know to get started. Everything else - you learn along the way. Fitness is something you have to learn about by doing. You can't sit and watch the Biggest Loser and hope and wish and dream that someday you can somehow be picked for a tv show where people will force you to work out and eat better. Why are you sitting on your butt watching TV and wishing and not DOING something about your fitness?

Just get started. Then, as you start - learn. Read about better ways of getting fit. Seek out your friends and family who have the kind of results you want and find out how they did it. Start with small changes to your daily routine and work your way up. You don't have to go from zero to perfect in one day! It's a journey, not a field trip. As you go, you'll learn better habits and then even better habits, until one day you turn around and can't even see your starting point because it's so far behind you.

If someone would have told me when I was 20 years old - that ten years later, I would be working out daily, eating a diet of only clean foods, only eating fast food every once in a while, enjoying vegetables, and coaching others to fitness - the 20 year old, 180lb me would have said "yeah, whatever." But, here I am, 40lbs lighter and a lot wiser. There's so much I know now that I didn't know then that I learned along the way. But if I waited to get started until I knew it all, where would I be now?

You don't have to know it all, you just have to start! Where are you in your fitness journey? Where do you want to get? I can help you get there. I've been in your shoes and I can show you the way. You'll be amazed at what you can do!

xoxo,
Sweet Charity


Send me an e-mail!
SweetCharity@SweetCMe.com

No comments:

Post a Comment