Sunday, September 26, 2010

Remember Your "Why"

For everything we do in life, there is a reason or a "why". Why do I go to work each day? I go because I need a job to make money to pay my bills. Why am I a free fitness coach? I coach because I know how hard the journey to getting fit can be and if there's any small thing I can do to help someone else on their journey, I want to do it. Why do I dress up and put on make-up and perfume? Because it makes me feel good to look and smell good.

Why do I workout every day? Because I didn't like the way being overweight made me feel. I set a goal in my head of how I want my body to look and I will continue to work towards that goal until I've reached it.

The reason that so many people give up on their weight loss or stop trying is because they forget their "why". In the midst of all of the things going on in life, they let the little interruptions and rough spots get to them and completely forget the urgency they had to start their journey in the first place. Ultimately, the reason always comes back around because if you quit - you didn't actually fix anything. You just postponed your progress.

What's your "why" for wanting to get in better shape? Write it down. Daily, if necessary. Post it somewhere you'll see it. Is it to be healthier so you you can play with your kids and live a long life to be with them? Write that on a picture of your family and put it somewhere you will see it daily. Is it to get back to the kind of shape you were in when you were in High School? Tear a page out of your HS yearbook and circle your sports picture. Give yourself a daily reminder of why you're doing what you're doing so that you'll be inspired to KEEP doing it. No one said it was going to be easy, because it's not. But you're allowed to make mistakes and you don't have to do it perfectly, you just have to do it.

xoxo,
Sweet Charity

No comments:

Post a Comment